Don’t drop your weapon.

 I write with my sword, the one I was about to lay to rest for the evening. I’ve set myself the challenge of writing a blog every day and in all honesty I couldn’t be bothered to do today’s. I’m in agony, I’m exhausted and it would be easier if I quit my daily mission and slept but that would be self-sabotage (my goal is to grow in consistency as a writer with the intention to serve people with my writing).


As much as I am aware of my physical and mental state, I’m aware how there is a voice of perfectionism attempting to lure me into procrastination away from my discipline of writing. It tells me that what I write is not of value and may not even be read so I should just give up and try again another day. I dare not give into this fearful agent.



I ought to wholly love myself by pursuing my ideals even if it costs me my comfort. The truth is writing is one of the most powerful weapons I am privileged to have for myself and ‘some greater good’. I must not neglect it.


What is your weapon? (Or more realistically which weapon are you yielding this season.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep it moving.

My Perinatal Experience of Homelessness

I wish I didn’t confess my sexual ‘sin’.